Wyoming CPA Requirements
Are you looking to take the CPA Exam as an exam candidate for Wyoming? Each state or region in the United States has a different set of requirements in order to sit for the test. If you are considering Wyoming, you should first understand if you meet all of the necessary qualifications including education, residency, and age requirements. Below you will find the appropriate prerequisites, test center locations, exam fees, resources, and contact information to help you better understand all Wyoming CPA requirements. For example, did you know that you need to be a resident of the state in order to sit for the exam?
Please note that obtaining a CPA license in WY may require additional qualifications including continuing education or work experience.
The data on this page was last reviewed and updated in January 2019.
CPA Exam Requirements in Wyoming
- Baccalaureate degree is required.
- 150 semester hours is required to sit for the CPA exam.
- Additional semester hour requirements. See full education requirements on the Wyoming Board of Accountancy website.
Wyoming State Requirements & Education Options
Eligibility for Examination
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with 24 hours in Accounting, or
- Have completed 150 credit hours of college education including a Bachelor’s degree with 24 hours in upper-division Accounting courses and 24 hours in business courses.
- Educational requirements must be completed no later than 90 days after the actual date the candidate took the first exam section.
US citizenship is not required.
Wyoming residency is not required.
18 Years Old
Visit prometric.com to find a CPA test center in Wyoming near you.
Free U.S. CPA Exam Qualification Services for International Candidates
Earn University Accounting Credits
Try the Wiley CPAexcel Course with FREE access to over 7,500 CPA Exam questions and much more.
Instant Access, No Credit Card Required
|Initial Application Fee:||$110.00|
*Registration fee for re-examination depends on the number of parts you are retaking.
CPA License Requirements in Wyoming
Continuing education is required.
Work experience is required.
Social Security Number is required.
Pass the AICPA Ethics Exam.
Getting your CPA license in Wyoming can mean that additional requirements must be met. Since fees, requirements, and rules may change on a frequent basis, we highly recommend contacting the Wyoming State Board of Accountancy for complete licensing information.