Oklahoma CPA Requirements
Are you looking to take the CPA Exam as an exam candidate for Oklahoma? Each state or region in the United States has a different set of requirements in order to sit for the test. If you are considering Oklahoma, you should first understand if you meet all of the necessary qualifications including education, residency, and age requirements. Below you will find the appropriate prerequisites, test center locations, exam fees, resources, and contact information to help you better understand all Oklahoma CPA requirements.
Please note that obtaining a CPA license in OK may require additional qualifications including continuing education or work experience.
The data on this page was last reviewed and updated in November 2017.
CPA Exam Requirements in Oklahoma
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 150 semester hours is required to sit for the CPA exam.
- Additional semester hour requirements. See full education requirements on the Oklahoma Board of Accountancy website.
Oklahoma State Requirements & Education Options
eScrip(s):Must be sent directly from the University to the Examination Coordinator at the OAB office to be official.
Official Transcript(s): Transcript(s) must bear the official signature of the registrar and, if applicable, seal of the college. Do not have the university or college send transcripts directly to the OAB office. The OAB will not assume responsibility for the transcripts that were sent by the colleges directly to the OAB office. Official transcript(s) must be received with the application.
CPA QUALIFICATION APPLICANT: You must submit sufficient official transcripts to reflect:
- a minimum of 150 semester hours of college education including a baccalaureate or higher degree.
- a minimum of 76 semester hours of upper-division level course credit;
- a minimum of 30 semester hours of accounting course credits above principles of accounting or introductory accounting, including at least one auditing or assurance course (not internal auditing); and
- a minimum of 9 semester hours of upper division-level related course credit in any or all of the subjects of economics, statistics, finance, marketing, management, business law, business communication, financial information systems and computer science.
PA QUALIFICATION APPLICANT: You must submit sufficient official transcripts to reflect:
- a baccalaureate degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college;
- a minimum of 30 semester hours of accounting course credits, including at least one auditing course; and
- a minimum of 18 semester hours of related subject course credit in any or all of the subjects of economics, statistics, finance, marketing, management, business law, business communication, financial information systems and computer science.
Graduate Level Accounting Courses: Graduate level Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting does not count toward the required 30 semester hours of accounting.
US citizenship is not required.
Oklahoma residency is required.
NO Age Requirements.
Visit prometric.com to find a CPA test center in Oklahoma near you.
Free U.S. CPA Exam Qualification Services for International Candidates
Earn University Accounting Credits
Try the Wiley CPAexcel Course with FREE access to over 7,500 CPA Exam questions and much more.
Instant Access, No Credit Card Required
|Initial Application Fee:||$50.00|
*Registration fee for re-examination depends on the number of parts you are retaking.
CPA License Requirements in Oklahoma
Continuing education is required.
Work experience is required.
Social Security Number is required.
Pass the AICPA Ethics Exam.
Getting your CPA license in Oklahoma can mean that additional requirements must be met. Since fees, requirements, and rules may change on a frequent basis, we highly recommend contacting the Oklahoma State Board of Accountancy for complete licensing information.