Missouri CPA Requirements
Are you looking to take the CPA Exam as an exam candidate for Missouri? Each state or region in the United States has a different set of requirements in order to sit for the test. If you are considering Missouri, you should first understand if you meet all of the necessary qualifications including education, residency, and age requirements. Below you will find the appropriate prerequisites, test center locations, exam fees, resources, and contact information to help you better understand all Missouri CPA requirements.
Please note that obtaining a CPA license in MO may require additional qualifications including continuing education or work experience.
The data on this page was last reviewed and updated in November 2017.
CPA Exam Requirements in Missouri
- Baccalaureate degree is required.
- 150 semester hours is required to sit for the CPA exam.
- May sit within 60 days prior to completing educational requirement
- See full education requirements on the Missouri Board of Accountancy website.
Missouri State Requirements & Education Options
As a first-time applicant, you must be:
- Of good moral character,
- A resident of Missouri, be regularly employed in Missouri, or have a place of business in Missouri; and
- Have 150 business hours of general college education to include:
- a baccalaureate degree or higher,
- thirty-three semester hours in accounting (at least one course in auditing and at least 18 semester hours of the accounting courses must be upper division accounting). Please Note: Accounting Law and Business Law courses are not acceptable toward the accounting requirement regardless of the department in which they were offered;
- twenty-seven semester hours in general business courses (e.g., marketing, management, economics, finance etc.).
Educational requirements must be met no later than 60 days following the actual date you took your first test section(s). Official transcript(s), Certificate of Enrollment, evaluations, etc., are to be submitted to CPAES at the time of application.
US citizenship is not required.
Missouri residency is required.
21 Years Old
Visit prometric.com to find a CPA test center in Missouri near you.
Free U.S. CPA Exam Qualification Services for International Candidates
Earn University Accounting Credits
Try the Wiley CPAexcel Course with FREE access to over 7,500 CPA Exam questions and much more.
Instant Access, No Credit Card Required
|Initial Application Fee:||$150.00|
*Registration fee for re-examination depends on the number of parts you are retaking.
CPA License Requirements in Missouri
Continuing education is required.
Work experience is required.
Social Security Number is required.
Pass the AICPA Ethics Exam.
Getting your CPA license in Missouri can mean that additional requirements must be met. Since fees, requirements, and rules may change on a frequent basis, we highly recommend contacting the Missouri State Board of Accountancy for complete licensing information.