When Are CMA Exam Scores Released?
Essays are graded offline by ICMA, the certifying body of the IMA, so do not expect to see your results the day of your exam. Instead, the ICMA will e-mail your exam results to you approximately six weeks from the end of the month in which you’ve taken your test. At the time grades are released, results are also available online in your Account Profile transcript. Unfortunately, the ICMA does not share exam scores via telephone.
|EXAM WINDOW||SCORE RELEASE WINDOW*|
|January and February||2nd week of February – 1st week of April|
|May and June||2nd week of June – 2nd week of August|
|September and October||2nd week of October – 2nd week of December|
|*Please note there are no official, set score release dates.|
How Is The CMA Exam Weighted?
- The multiple-choice questions section is worth 75% of the total score.
- Essays are worth 25% of the total score.
- To be able to take the essay section, you must score at least 50% on the multiple-choice section.
CMA Exam Scoring Scale
- Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam are scored on a scale of 0 to 500.
- In order to equate all scores for all forms of the exam, the scores for each part are placed on a scale from 0 to 500. On this scale, a score of 360 represents the minimum passing scaled score. The scaled score allows candidates to know how they performed in relation to the passing standard of 360. (Source: IMA)
Your Performance Report
- Performance Reports are sent via e-mail from Prometric to all candidates who take an exam part.
- The performance reports are e-mailed approximately 14 days after exam results are posted to the candidate’s profile.
- Candidates who do not pass the exam will receive a report that indicates their performance on each of the key topic areas in the multiple-choice section as well as their overall performance on the essay section of the exam. There are three performance ratings: Satisfactory, Marginal, and Unsatisfactory.