The CAIA exams are computer-based examinations offered at test centers around the world. Once you purchase your exam, you’ll receive a confirmation email to schedule your exam.
Find a Test Center location for the CAIA Exam here.
TIP: Schedule your appointment as early as possible, as examination centers have limited capacity.
Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes early to complete check-in. Late arrivals will not be permitted to sit for the exam.
CAIA Exam Testing Center Policies
Personal Belongings Policy
Your CAIA exam testing center will have a small designated locker in the testing center to store your personal belongings. You will not have access to your personal items during the exam.
The following items are permitted in the testing room:
- Your Identification
- One approved calculator
- Your test center locker key
The following items are NOT permitted in the testing room:
- Food, drinks (including water) and tobacco
- Calculators other than those listed in the CAIA Calculator Policy
- Calculator covers, extra batteries and instruction manuals
- Coats and jackets
- Baggage of any kind
- Study materials, including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides
- Scratch paper, value tables or calculator manuals
- Highlighters, correction fluid/tape or rulers
- Knives of any kind, including ones used as pencil sharpeners
- Mobile phones, pagers, cameras, headsets, laptops, tablets, smart watches or any Bluetooth®-enabled device
- Any type of desk clock or timer
If proctors observe unpermitted items in the testing room, the items will be confiscated and a report will be sent to CAIAA.
The following calculator models are the only calculators authorized for use on exam day:
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus or the TI BA II Plus Professional
- Hewlett Packard 12C including the HP 12C Platinum
TIP: Before you head out to your exam, always ensure you check the latest CAIA Association Candidate Policies, particularly as a new candidate.