NASBA announced the latest round of CPA Exam scores this week. Congratulations to those of you who passed. If you are just embarking on this journey, be assured that Wiley CPAexcel is committed to aiding your successful completion of the CPA Exam.
You know you need to understand the technical content to pass the CPA exam but there are also strategies you can hone that will ensure your success.
Here are a few strategies to improve your performance on task-based simulations (TBSs). Practicing these strategies as you study will make you more efficient and effective on exam day and will boost your points.
- Get comfortable with the TBS appearance and functionality by practicing in the actual exam interface through AICPA sample tests and Wiley CPAexcel Practice Exams. Our Practice Exams mirror the actual exam all the way down to the number, type, and mix of questions, as well as time limits and break policies.
- Be familiar with the formats of task-based simulations: basic TBS, enhanced TBS, and document review simulations (DRS).
- It is difficult to prepare for the unexpected – but you can become familiar with format and structure, so you have a “plan of attack.” TBS content is out of your control and unpredictable, but you can control how prepared you are for the technical content.
- Complete all TBSs to the best of your ability. There’s no penalty for taking an educated guess.
- Answer the Research Simulations last because it is easy to get “lost” in the search of the authoritative literature and don’t use of the authoritative literature for non-research simulations unless absolutely needed.
Time management is important. Watch our free lesson on Time Management for the CPA Exam to get a detailed breakdown of how to allocate your time in each exam section and testlet.
First-time CPA Exam candidate? Pass on your first try with Wiley CPAexcel.
We provide the highest quality content aligned to the CPA Exam Blueprints with unlimited access and updates until you pass. View our popular packages and discounts for first-time candidates.
If you’ve been preparing unsuccessfully with another provider, it’s time for a fresh approach. Switch to Wiley CPAexcel and we’ll welcome you with a 40% discount. Proof of course purchase from another provider (e.g. Becker, Roger, Gleim, Surgent) is required to receive the 40% discount. Contact us to get started today.