Free Video: Breaking Down the Structure of the CPA Exam
Having a clear understanding of the CPA Exam structure can help you gain confidence and manage your time more effectively on exam day.
Let Pam Smith, Wiley CPAexcel Instructor and KPMG Endowed Professor of Accountancy at Northern Illinois University, show you exactly how the exam works in this free, 10-minute video.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- The AICPA skills level framework
- The allocation of skills in AUD, BEC, FAR and REG
- The exact types and weighting of questions in each testlet
- When and what to expect for task-based simulations
- Timing of the exam and each section
- Time constraints in the pre- and post-exam administrative screens
- When you may take breaks and how breaks factor into the exam time
- And much more…
Complete the form to get instant access to these important insights as you prepare for the CPA Exam.
Pam Smith, PhD, CPA is the KPMG Endowed Professor of Accountancy at Northern Illinois University and lead author and lecturer at Wiley CPAexcel. The recipient of more than a dozen teaching awards, her teaching and research focus on accounting and reporting related to business combinations, valuation, consolidation, derivatives and hedging, and business ethics.