Prof. Pam Smith On Fair Value Hedges
As the name implies, the purpose of a fair value hedge is to offset changes in the fair value of the hedged item. This lecture, presented by Prof. Pam Smith of Northern Illinois University, will define fair value hedges, the requirements that must be met in order for a derivative to be treated as a fair value hedge, and the accounting treatment of derivatives and related hedged items in a fair value hedge.
- Define a fair value hedge.
- Describe the criteria that must be met for a derivative to qualify as a fair value hedge.
- Describe the accounting for derivatives used as fair value hedges and for the related hedged item.
- Record entries related to fair value hedges.
- Describe the accounting when the requirements for a fair value hedge are no longer satisfied.
Got it? Let’s do this …
Sign Up For a Free Trial of Wiley CPAexcel
See why better than 9 out of 10 Wiley users pass the CPA Exam when you sign up for a free trial here.