The exams for all three levels are administered twice a year, in June and December. Candidates may only take one exam per administration. As of January 2019, the CMT Association discontinued its membership requirement for candidates. Find out more here.
In order to register for an exam you must:
- be prepared to take the exams in English
- have a valid Passport or other form of approved ID
Each of the exams is computer-based and administered test centers around the world. Candidates will receive their results by e-mail approximately four weeks after exams conclude.
In order to take the CMT exams, a candidate must have attained one of the following:
- Be in the final year of an accredited undergraduate degree program
- Have graduated from an accredited undergraduate degree program
- Have at least three (3) years of professional work experience as an investment professional. We generally recommend that candidates have a university degree and experience working in the financial markets using technical analysis before attempting the exams.
June 2020 Exam Information
The Level I and II exams will be offered June 2 – June 9, 2020
The Level III exam will be held on June 4, 2020
- Early Registration Begins:December 27, 2019
- Standard Registration Begins: February 25, 2020
- Late Registration Begins: April 21, 2020
- Registration Deadline: May 15, 2020
CMT Exam Registration Fees – Early Registration
CMT Level I Exam – Member – $275; Non-Member – $450
Program Enrollment (one-time):$250
CMT Level II Exam – Member – $475; Non-Member – $650
CMT Level III Exam – Member – $475; Non-Member – $650
Annual Membership: $325 / CMT Program: $250 / Curriculum: $225+