How to Prepare for Significant Changes on the CPA Exam Beginning January 2019
You know to expect changes on the CPA Exam twice a year—January and July—and 2019 is no exception. But the changes coming up in just a few short months are pretty significant.
First there’s the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which includes the biggest tax code changes we’ve seen in decades. The other is the new lease accounting standard issued by the FASB. Questions about both will be included in the Exam—TJCA in REG and the lease accounting standard in FAR—beginning January 1, 2019.
If 2019 is your year to take the CPA Exam, you’ll want to get a closer look at the changes and find out what you can do to be better prepared for questions about them when you register to attend this free on-demand webinar.
Here’s just some of the information you’ll get when you register for this on-demand webinar:
- Big changes in 2019: What they are and how they could affect the way you prepare for the exam
- How to increase your comprehension of the complex new tax law (TCJA)
- How the lease accounting standard has changed, including new classifications and criteria for both lessees and lessors
- How to re-focus your study plan to incorporate what’s new on the Exam
- How Wiley CPAexcel has changed—by addressing technical amendments to the exam creating an even better review experience for you
…and much more!
Denise Probert, CPA, CGMA, is Director of Curriculum for Accounting Exam Prep at Wiley. She is responsible for all curriculum development and academic instruction for Wiley’s accounting exam prep products. Denise previously served as Vice President of Kaplan CPA Review and has over 20 years’ experience teaching accounting at the university level.