Download our Security+ Beginners Guide that provides a basic overview of why you should take the exam, a guide for preparing for the exam and benefits of becoming Security+ certified. The Security+ Beginners Guide includes:
- Why to choose the CompTIA Security+ certification
- Benefits of the Security+ exam as a building block for an IT Career
- What you need to know before taking the exam
- When to begin studying and a calendar of what to study and when
- Study tips
- What passing the exam means for your career including career paths and salaries
For IT professionals, a solid baseline of IT security skills isn’t nice to have, it’s essential. Being able to prevent and stymie intrusions, data breaches, and vulnerabilities is a key part of the job, and you won’t be able to be a strong IT pro without some knowledge of the subject.
Certifications are vital in today’s job market as a tool to sell yourself to employers. What companies want in their IT pros is peace of mind. You might have an inherent genius-level understanding of IT security, but without some quantification of your skill level, employers won’t know what you have to offer. Their litmus test, then, is certifications.
And if you want to find yourself working in the higher-level jobs, particularly cybersecurity, well, you’ll need to start somewhere. That somewhere for many of you is a CompTIA Security+ certification. Download your Security+ Beginners Guide now.