10 Questions You Need to Crack to Pass Level 1 and 2 of the CFA Exam
Time value of money. Net present value. Internal rate of return. The Sharpe ratio. DuPont analysis. Return of equity. Return concepts (HPY, MWRR,TWRR, BDY, EAY, MMY and BEY). There’s no doubt you are likely to see questions dealing with these tricky concepts on the Level 1 CFA exam.
Download this 8-page cheat sheet to get essential tips and tricks for answering common types of difficult questions correctly. In addition to ten step-by-step problem-solving examples, you’ll learn:
- How to use a highlighter and financial calculator to your advantage
- Formulas and rules to know for answer NPV and IRR questions
- Keywords to watch out for to avoid being tripped up by a problem’s wording
- Tips for ensuring you implement DuPont analysis correctly
- A quick summary of ratio analysis categories
- And much more…
To help you prepare for the rigors of exam day, Wiley has prepared a 6 page cheat sheet with step-by-step instructions for answering ten typical Level 2 exam questions including foreign exchange, investments in financial assets, binomial interest rate trees, full and partial goodwill methods, periodic pension cost and more…
- A quick FX recap
- Tips on calculating cross rates
- Differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS when measuring goodwill
- Advice on how to calculate the value of a callable (putable) bond
- And more…
Good luck and stay on track. Remember, good preparation and practice is essential to success!